|Place of Publication||Coventry University|
|Publication status||Published - 18 Jan 2010|
Bibliographical noteL. Moody has provided applied Human Factors consultancy to Unilever one of the largest consumer goods companies since 2003 producing several confidential consultancy reports. Several of these consultancy reports continue to support framework standards within Unilever today. An example of this output relates to consultancy to ensure the design and development of a global strategy for crisis prevention and response was built on sound Human Factors principles. During 2009 Unilever introduced the One Unilever policy for Crisis Prevention and Response. Over the year 2009-2010 the pilot approach was rolled out to four selected units across the globe through a training workshop. L. Moody was heavily involved in the research, development and delivery of this global crisis training programme. In support of this dissemination a number of consultancy and field work activities were undertaken by L. Moody:
1. Evaluation of and pre-screening of potential global training providers
2. Ongoing technical development of the workshop and supporting material to introduce One Unilever Crisis Prevention and Response to the Unilever organisation
3. Observer participant evaluation of the resulting pilot training workshops
4. Development of a competency profile to inform the evaluation of the subsequent re-design and final global roll out and of the training
5. Co-design of the finalised crisis toolkit with the client for global rollout.
This has been significant at an International level. The toolkit from this research is still mandatory across Unilever’s entire global business today. It was used recently in situations as diverse as the threat of violent political disruption and loss of life in Kenya to the protection of Unilever’s supply chain for globally available foods and personal care products. It continues to guide teams in the event of any such crises that could damage the global licence to operate or the global reputation of one of the world’s largest companies.
This report is confidential and not available from the repository