The objective of SPEED-5G is to research and develop technologies that address the well-known challenges of predicted growth in mobile connections and traffic volume. A major challenge is the cost of meeting the objective, in terms of both infrastructure and deployment. Today, lack of dynamic control across wireless network resources is leading to unbalanced spectrum loads and a perceived capacity bottleneck. These will be solved by SPEED-5G through eDSA (extended DSA), which is resource management with three degrees of freedom: densification, rationalized traffic allocation over heterogeneous wireless technologies, and better load balancing across available spectrum.
|Effective start/end date||1/07/15 → 30/06/18|
- Coventry University
- University of Surrey (Project partner) (lead)
- Eurescom GmbH (Project partner)
- British Telecommunications PLC (Project partner)
- Commissariat à l´énergie atomique et aux énergies alternatives (Project partner)
- Intel Mobile Communications GmbH (Project partner)
- Intracom S.A. Telecom Solutions (Project partner)
- Instituto de Telecomunicações (Project partner)
- Rohde & Schwarz (Project partner)
- Sistelbanda SA (Project partner)
- WINGS ICT SOLUTIONS PC (Project partner)
Explore the research topics touched on by this project. These labels are generated based on the underlying awards/grants. Together they form a unique fingerprint.