Research Output per year
I joined the International Centre for Transformational Entrepreneurship (ICTE), Coventry University in April, 2018 as a Lecturer in Enterprise and Entrepreneurship. Prior to this role, I was an Associate Lecturer in Digital Business and Innovation at the University of Wolverhampton Business School. Prior to taking an academic role, I spent over a decade of my professional life across the broad spectrum of financial institutions ranging from commercial to rural banking where I provide entrepreneurial finance to SMEs and I have seen to the growth and training of countless SMEs.
My teaching interest cuts across entrepreneurship, innovation, strategy and small business management modules to both undergraduate and postgraduate (MBA and MA) students. I am a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, United Kingdom and I currently teach the MBA module in Entrepreneurship and Innovation (M46BSS). I also teach Small Business Leadership on the BA Enterprise and Entrepreneurship degree course and Innovation on the MA Global Entrepreneurship course.
I am a reviewer for the Cogent Business and Management Journal, UK, the International Journal of Management Practice and the International Journal of Entrepreneurial behaviour and Research.
- Enterprise development and small businesses innovation
- Entrepreneurial finance
- Small business credit risk management
- Financial inclusiveness
- Institutional logics
- Entrepreneurial capital development
- New venture creation and management
- Digital business and innovation
- African poverty dynamics
*I am currently looking forward to develop collaborations and networks in various research opportunities across Africa focusing on financial inclusion, technological adoption and innovation and entrepreneurship training projects.
1.Atiase, V.Y, Mahmood, S and Wang, Y. (Accepted, June 2019), ‘‘Does institutional logic matter in microfinance delivery? An empirical study of microfinance clients, International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behaviour and Research.
2. Atiase, V.Y,Wang, Y., and Mahmood, S. (2019) ‘‘FNGOs and financial inclusion: investigating the impact of microcredit on employment generation. International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Vol. 20 No. 2 pp.91-106 (ABS**)
3. Atiase V.Y., Mahmood, S., Wang, Y. and Botchie, D. (2018) ‘‘Entrepreneurship development in Africa: investigating critical resource challenges’’, Journal of Small Business, and Enterprise Development. (ABS**) Vol. 25, No. 4, pp.644-666 ttp://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/pdfplus/10.1108/JSBED-03-20 17-0084
4. Dzansi D.Y & Atiase V.Y. (2014) ‘‘Reflecting on microfinance in poverty reduction’’, Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, Vol. 5 No 21. Pp.345-35. http://www.mcser.org/journal/index.php/mjss/article/view/4208
5.Aduse-poku, K., Nyinaku, F., Atiase, V.Y., Awuah, R., Mensah, O.E, Nyantakyi, D., Owusu, K.H., Agyenim-Boateng, B. (2003) “Improving Rural livelihoods within the context of sustainable development- A case study of the Goaso Forest District in Ghana’’ An interdisciplinary published research with TROPENBOS INTERNATIONAL- GHANA (A Netherlands NGO). Available at: http://www.tropenbos.org/file.php/296/livelihood.pdf.
1.Atiase, V.Y; Asorwoe, E; Ablorde, F. and Kolade, S. (2019) ‘‘Tax compliance cost: the hidden effect on international trade in Africa’’ presented at the 2019 British Accounting and Finance Association (BAFA) Conference at Birmingham University between 8-10th April 2019.
2. Atiase V.Y and DY Dzansi (2019) ‘‘The Drivers of Product Innovation in Africa’’ presented that the International Conference of Enterprise Development, at Central University of Technology, Bloemfontein, South Africa on 3rd-5th April 2019
3. Atiase, V.Y and Lockyer, J. (2018) ''Designing a Pro-poor Credit Risk Management System for Financial Inclusion: An Empirical Analysis'' presented at the 41st Annual Conference of ISBE 2018 at Birmingham, United Kingdom. Full paper available: file:///C:/Users/ac8946/AppData/Local/Temp/475.pdf
4. Atiase, V.Y and Botchie, D. (2018) ''Does Managerial Training have any impact on the performance of MSE Managers? An empirical evidence from Ghana presented at BAM Conference 2018 on 5th September 2018 at University of West of England, Bristol, United Kingdom (The Best full paper awarded in the performance management track). Full paper available at: http://conference.bam.ac.uk/BAM2018/htdocs/search.php?keyword=Victor+Atiase
5. Botchie, D. and Atiase, V.Y (2018) ''The nexus
between technology absorption and firm growth in Africa: A resource-based
perspective'' presented at BAM Conference 2018 on 5th September, 2018 at the
University of West of England, Bristol, United Kingdom. Full paper available
6. Atiase, V.Y (2018) ''Public policy and Entrepreneurship development in Africa'' at ICTE Annual Workshop at Ghana Technology University, Ghana, Accra on 29th June 2018
7 .Atiase .Y (2017) ‘‘Investigating the impact of FNGOs on the performance of MSEs in Ghana'' Presented in a research symposium on Championing Difference: Exploring Entrepreneurship Amongst the Socially Excluded, University of Huddersfield Business School, on 7th September 2017
Professional Body Memberships and Roles
1.Fellow, Higher Education Academy, United Kingdom
2.Member, Institute for small business and entrepreneurship, United Kingdom (http://isbe.org.uk/)
3.Member, British Academy of Management (https://www.bam.ac.uk/home)
Current Courses Teaching
MA Global Entrepreneurship
Current Modules Teaching
Entrepreneurship and Innovation(M46BSS)
Small Business Leadership
Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education and Professional Practice, University of Wolverhampton
2017 → 2018
PhD (Entrepreneurial Finance), University of Wolverhampton
2016 → 2018
DBA (Credit Risk Management), Central University of Technology
2013 → 2016
Master of Science, International Development, University of Bath
2007 → 2008
Bachelor of Science in Public Administration (First Class Honours), University of Ghana
2001 → 2006
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
FNGOs and financial inclusion: investigating the impact of microcredit on employment generation in GhanaAtiase, V., Wang, Y. & Mahmood, S., 1 Oct 2018, (Unpublished) In : The International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation. (In-Press), p. (In-Press) 29 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article