Research Output per year
Dr Vahid Mirzabeiki is a Senior Lecturer in Operations and Supply Chain Management at the School of Strategy and Leadership of Coventry Business School. Prior to coming to Coventry, for five years he worked as a Senior Research Fellow and a Lecturer in Supply Chain Management at Cranfield School of Management. He has received his PhD (2013), Licentiate (2010), and MSc (2008) degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management from Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg, Sweden and his Bachelor degree is in Mechanical Engineering. He is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA) and he is a Chartered Member of The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CMILT). His PhD thesis was awarded the ICHCA’s prize for the outstanding logistics PhD thesis of Sweden in 2013.
He has been invited by universities and by international conferences for delivering speeches and for organising and chairing workshops. He supervises theses at a number of universities in different countries including Trinity College, the University of Dublin.
Vahid has been working with several industrial clients and is advisor of Agilitysciences who is a company providing Distributed Ledger Technology.
Vahid is active in research, teaching, supervision and consulting. His main research areas are Sustainability, Food Supply Chains, Inter-Organisational Collaboration, Information Systems, Industry 4.0 and IoT.
He has worked as a project lead and a principal researcher on several national and European research projects including:
- Intelligent Industrial Goods and ERP Systems, funded by Swedish Transport Administration (2008-2010).
- Step Change in Agri-foods Logistics Ecosystems (SCALE), funded by INTERREG IVB North West Europe, EU (2013-2015).
- Co-opetition in UK Logistics Industry, funded by Cranfield University School of Management (2015-2017).
- GS1 Standards for Managing the Cost-to-Serve in Apparel Supply Chains, funded by GS1 UK (2016).
- Intelligent Excavation, funded by Highways England (2017-2018).
Vahid is a member of the Editorial Advisory Board of the International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management and he is member of review boards of several leading journals of the Logistics, Supply Chain and Operations Management fields.
Vahid's researches are published in a number of leading ABS listed academic journals and industrial outlets including the Journal of Business Research, the International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, the International Journal of Logistics Management, British Food Journal, and the Logistics and Transport Focus. He has written a number of book chapters and published case studies.
- Mirzabeiki, V., Saghiri, S. (2020), “From ambition to action: How to achieve integration in omni-channel?”, Journal of Business Research, Vol. 110. pp.1-11.
- Danloup, Nicolas, Mirzabeiki, Vahid, Allaoui, Hamid, Goncalves, Gilles, Julien, Denyse Mena, Carlos (2015), “Improving sustainability performance through collaborative food distribution”, Management Research Review, Vol. 38 No. 10, pp.1049 - 1067.
- Mirzabeiki, Vahid, Holmström, Jan, Främling, Kary (2014), “Collaborative Tracking and Tracing: The Value of a Composite Design”, International Journal of Logistics Management, Vol.25 No.3, pp. 522 - 536.
- Mirzabeiki, Vahid and Ringsberg, Henrik (2014), “Effects on logistics operations from RFID- and EPCIS-enabled traceability”, British Food Journal, Vol. 116, No. 1, pp. 104-124.
- Mirzabeiki, Vahid, Holmström, Jan, Sjöholm, Per (2012), “Aligning Organizational Interests in Rail Wagon Tracking”, Operations Management Research, Vol. 5, No. 3-4, pp. 101-115.
- Mirzabeiki, Vahid, and Lumsden, Kenth (2008), “Determining the value of information for different partners in the supply chain”, International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, Vol. 38 No.9, pp. 659-673.
- Mirzabeiki, Vahid and Sjöholm, Per (2012), “Sharing, tracking and tracing data to improve operations of Supply Chain actors”, International Journal of Logistics Systems and Management, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 81-95.
- Mirzabeiki, Vahid (2013), “An Overview of the Freight Intelligent Transportation Systems”, International Journal of Logistics Systems and Management, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp.473-489.
- Mirzabeiki, Vahid, Roso, Violeta, Sjöholm, Per (2016), “Collaborative tracking and tracing applied on dry ports”, International Journal of Logistics Systems and Management Vol. 25, No. 3, 425-440.
- Mirzabeiki, Vahid; Humphries, Andrew, Wilding, Richard (2017), “Co-opetition in UK Logistics Industry”, Logistics and Transport Focus (CILT’s magazine), April issues.
- Mirzabeiki, Vahid; Broomhead, Jacky; Morroll, Laura; Wilding, Richard; Saghiri, Soroosh (2016), “Where did your profitability go? Managing the apparel omnichannel cost-to-serve”, GS1 UK.
- Mirzabeiki, Vahid (2015), “Benefits on board”, Automotive Logistics, Vol. January-March 2015, p. 70.
- Mena, Carlos, Julien Denyse, Mirzabeiki, Vahid (2016) ‘Chapter 15: Collaboration for sustainability in food supply chains’, in ‘A Stakeholder Approach to Managing Food’ by Lindgreen, A., Hingley, M. K., Angell, R. J., & Memery, J. (Eds.), Routledge.
- Mirzabeiki, Vahid (2016), ‘Data Sharing Between Supply Chain Actors’, in ‘Logistics, Supply Chain and Operations Management Case Study Collection’ by David Grant, Kogan Page Publishing, UK.
- Mirzabeiki, Vahid (2016), ‘Collaborative Distribution Considering Economic and Environmental Performance’, in ‘Logistics, Supply Chain and Operations Management Case Study Collection’ by David Grant, Kogan Page Publishing, UK.
- Mirzabeiki, Vahid (2016), ‘Supply Chain Design for E-Retailers’, in ‘Logistics, Supply Chain and Operations Management Case Study Collection’ by David Grant, Kogan Page Publishing, UK.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Conference proceeding
Research output: Contribution to conference › Paper
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Chapter