Projects per year
Dr. Shohel Amin has an international track record of fifteen years on life-cycle optimisation of road infrastructure management, pavement design and maintenance, traffic simulation and modelling, resilient road infrastructure, big data analytics and sustainable urban development. He is teaching civil engineering modules and research associate at the Institute for Future Transport and Cities in Coventry University, UK. Dr. Amin is the member of Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation, Engineering Professors’ Council, and Innovative Low Carbon Working Group (ILCWG) of the Innovation Alliance for the West Midlands in the United Kingdom. He is also the member of Bangladesh Institute of Planners. He has been advising public sector agencies, research projects and consulting firms on multiple road infrastructure projects in the UK, Canada, Qatar and Bangladesh. Dr. Amin have conducted research independently and collaboratively and was awarded research grants, scholarships and awards. He has published over fifty research papers in journals, books and conference proceedings.
- Climate change and natural hazards resilient road infrastructure system
- Pavement deterioration modelling, maintenance operations and budget optimization
- All-weather rural roads in developing countries
- Traffic congestion, air pollution and road infrastructure maintenance
- Road infrastructure, users’ behavior and property market
- Transport and public health
- Activity based travel demand modelling
- Affordable public mass transports
- Economy, trade flow and freight transport
- Climate change, user’s behaviour and road accidents
- Skid resistance, pavement condition and road accidents
- Traffic characteristics, signalized intersection design, road geometric and road accidents
Backpropagation – Artificial Neural Network (BP-ANN): Understanding gender characteristics of older driver accidents in West Midlands of United KingdomAmin, S., 1 Feb 2020, In : Safety Science. 122, 104539.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Amin, S., Mar 2020, In : Socio-Economic Planning Sciences. 69, 100692.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile5 Citations (Scopus)6 Downloads (Pure)
Amin, S., 29 Mar 2020, In : Biology, Engineering and Medicine. 5, 4 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile14 Downloads (Pure)
Impacts of Low-Density Polyethylene (Plastic Shopping Bags) on Structural Performance and Permeability of HMA MixturesAmin, S. & Boonyuid, C., 11 Mar 2020, 19th Annual International Conference on Highways and Airport Pavement Engineering, Asphalt Technology and Infrastructure. Al Nageim, H., Dulaimi, A. & Al-Busaltan, S. (eds.).
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Conference proceedingOpen AccessFile7 Downloads (Pure)
Amin, S. & Ajakaiye, M., 11 Mar 2020, 19th Annual International Conference on Highways and Airport Pavement Engineering, Asphalt Technology and Infrastructure.
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Conference proceeding
Shohel Amin (Member)13 Feb 2019
Activity: Membership › Membership of council
Shohel Amin (Consultant)May 2018 → …
Shohel Amin (Member)12 Jun 2018
Activity: Membership › Membership of committee