Research Output per year
I am a dietitian registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) following successful completion of BSc Dietetics from Plymouth University. I worked as a graduate dietitian at the Royal Derby Hospital covering a number of specialities including elderly, respiratory, cardiology, coronary care, and trauma. I then went to work at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust working in stroke at Charring Cross and renal at Hammersmith Hospital.
I have also completed MSc Biomedical Science specialising in clinical biochemistry where my final project investigated the effects of α-tocopherol on ischaemia/reperfusion injury in isolated rat hearts.
My interests include:
- nutritional prevention and management of pathophysiology
- how nutrition may be used to enhance the -omics disciplines especially metabolomics
- maternal nutritional health and neonatal development
- the provision of nutrition and fluids in palliative and end-of-life care, and the decision making process involved in this provision
- public health nutrition including politcal, legal, and ethical aspects
- R Medicine (General)
- Clinical Nutrition
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Research output: Contribution to journal › Literature review
Research output: Contribution to journal › Review article