Research Output per year
Dr. Rebwar Kamal Gharib, Ph.D
- SSL- Associate Head of School of Strategy and Leadership
- CBiS- Associate Member
Rebwar Kamal Gharib is the Associate Head of School of Strategy and Leadership, Faculty of Business & Law. Previously he was Regional Director of International Partnerships for the Faculty of Business and Law, Coventry University. Reb is a Senior Fellow of the UK Higher Education Academy and his original background in Commuting was complemented a by a PhD in Business from University of Bedfordshire. Rebwar’s Research and teaching interests are in the area of Information Systems, E-government, E-commerce, Social Media, Online Information Sharing, Trust, Cyber Security. Prior to joining Academia Rebwar worked as ICT Officer and Analyst for various Local Authorities in the North East of England where he was involved in a large number of IT projects.
Academic Leadership Roles
- Feb 2020 to Current / SSL- Associate Head of School / Coventry University, UK
- Sep 2019 to Feb 2020 / FBL- Director of International Partnerships, Regional / Coventry University, UK
- Sep 2018 to Sep 2019 / FBL- Academic Partnership Director, TARUC / Coventry University, UK
- Jan 2016 to Sep 2018 /Associate Course Director/ Year Two Lead /Coventry University, UK
- June 2016 to Sep 2018 / Link Tutor for Malaysia / Coventry University, UK
Teaching & Research Jobs:
- Feb 2020 - Current/ Associate Prof / Associate Head / Coventry University, UK
- Dec 2017 – Feb 2020/ Assistant Professor in Business Strategy/ Coventry University, UK
- Sep 2015 – Dec 2017/ Lecturer in E-Business / Coventry University, UK
- Jan 2014 – Aug 2015/ Teaching Associate/Lecturer in Management/ University of Strathclyde, UK
- Jun 2010 - Jun 2013/PhD Researcher & Hourly Lecturer /University of Bedfordshire, UK
- Jul 2017 Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Nov 2013 Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Oct 2012 Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Mar 2012 Member of the UK Academy for Information Systems
- July 2018 / Best Course Excellence Award/ Coventry University
- May 2015 / Teaching Excellence Award /University of Strathclyde
Teaching & Module Leadership Roles - 2010 to Current
- Business Information Systems /Both full-time & distance/MSc
- Spreadsheet Modelling and Demand Forecasting /Both full-time & distance learning / MSc
- Fundamental of E-Commerce / MBA
- Foundation of Business Analysis and Technology Undergraduate/ BSc
- Introduction to Business Technology/ BSc
- Information Systems in the Knowledge Economy/ BSc
- Managing Business Processes and Information Systems / BSc
- Working in Today's Virtual World/ BSc
- E-commerce / BSc
- Management of E-commerce / BA
- Career development / BA
Papers published/ accepted
- Gharib, R.K., Garcia-Perez, Dib, S & Iskoujina, Z. (2019). Trust and Reciprocity Effect on eWOM in Online Review Communities. JournalofEnterpriseInformationManagement. Vol. 33 No. 1, pp. 120-138.
- Gharib, R.K., Philpott, E. & Duan, Y. (Nov 2017). Factors Affecting Active Participation in Business-To-Business Online Communities: An Empirical Investigation. Information&Management. Volume 54, Issue 4, Pages 516-530.
- Gharib, R. K. (2017). Electronic Word-of-Mouth Communication in Online Review Communities. ProceedingsofSOCIOINT 2017.
- Gharib, R. K., Kwek, C. L. & Ellis, D.(2017).Critical Success Factors for Collaborative Projects in Higher Education Courses: A Comparison Study between UK & MalaysiaStudents. ProceedingsofSOCIOINT 2017.
- Gharib, R. K. (2014).Towards understanding members’ participation behavior in Business to Business (B2B) Virtual Communities: A socio-technical approach. ProceedingsofCECIIS, 2014.
- Gharib, R. K. (2012). Active Participation in Business-To-Business Online Communities: A Conceptual Framework ". UKAcademyforInformationSystems 2012.
- Gharib, R.K., Philpott, E. & Duan, Y. (2012). Active Participation in B2B Online Communities. UniversityofBedfordshireConference, July 3-5.
Research Papers In progress
- Gharib, R.K. & Dibb, S. Trust and Commitment effect on Information Sharing in Online Professional Groups. InformationSystemsResearch.
- Gharib, R.K. Determinant of Participation in Online Discussions Forums. Computer-MediatedCommunication.
- Gharib, R.K. & Ling, K.C. Emotions and Service Quality Impact on Switching Behaviour on Social Networking Sites. EuropeanJournalofInformationSystems.
- Gharib, R.K. & Ling, K.C. Understanding Determinants of Counterfeit Product Consumption. Journal of Business ResearchGharib, R.K. & Ling, K.C. Understanding the Determinant Factors of Information Security Awareness in Developing Countries. An Empirical Investigation. Information & Management.
- Gharib, R.K. Kwek, C. L. & De-Main, LCritical Success Factors for group work activities in UG courses: A Comparison Study between UK and Malaysia. JournalforFurtherandHigherEducation.
Ph.D. Level: Completed
Oct 2014-Feb 2018: E-government Adoption in Saudi Arabia / Moroj Alsulaimani/ Co Supervisor
Sept-2018-Current: Cyber security Threats in Supply Chain / Christiana Akintoye / 1st Supervisor.
Sept-2017-Current: Cyber Security Risk Management in E-Tail / Olukemi Olaniran/ 2nd Supervisor
BSc/MSc Level (Over 100 Projects): Over the past 10 years I have successfully supervised over 100 MSc and BSc research projects focused on different topics including Information/Knowledge Sharing, Virtual Communities, Online Communities, Social Media, Consumer Behavior, Virtual Projects, and CRM, IT/ICT Adoption.
- Jan 2008 - May 2010 ICT Support Officer (Full-time) Newcastle City Council, UK
- Aug 2007 - Dec 2007 ICT Support Analyst (Full-time) North Yorkshire Council, UK
- Jun 2006 - Aug 2007 ICT Assistant (Full-time) Tees Valley Housing Group, UK
education, Degree, University of Bedfordshire
1 Jun 2010 → 1 Nov 2013
education , Postgraduate Certificate, University of Bedfordshire
1 Sep 2011 → 1 Jul 2013
Computing , Degree, Northumbria University
1 Sep 2004 → 1 Jul 2009
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Critical Success Factors For Collaborative Projects In Higher Education Courses: A Comparison Study Between Uk And Malaysia StudentsGharib, R. K., Kwek, C. L. & Ellis, D., 10 Jul 2017.
Research output: Contribution to conference › Paper
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Activities per year