Research output per year
Research output per year
Accepting PhD Students
Willing to speak to media
Research activity per year
Dr Eno Maycock is currently the Director of the flagship Coventry University MBA programs – having strategic oversight of the Full time, Part time, Online and Apprenticeship MBA courses as well as the various pathways. She has key expertise in building collaborative partnerships and new business. She is a Chartered Member of the CIPD, a fellow of the World Business Institute and an academic within Coventry University Business School.
Eno was the 2020 winner for the Rising Star in Education & Academia, UK. She was also formally put on the Coventry University Roll of Honour for the 2020 International Women’s Day and was given her award by The Associate Pro Vice Chancellor (Strategic Partnerships) - Joanne Dobson, alongside 14 other amazing Coventry University female academics who are using their platform as academics to amplify and change the narrative of women, while doing amazing things around the world in their own time and with their own resources
She teaches on the MBA and MSc Programs and has delivered a number of leadership and management programmes while consulting for private and public sector clients which include the Bill and Malinda Gates foundation, The CRRC Corporation Limited (CRRC) China, SheCreatesAfrica, UK Civil Service (DWP), The Foreign and Commonwealth programmes in India and Ethiopia, The NHS, Scarborough Borough Council, Highways Agency, Bank of Ireland, West Midlands Police, The Nigerian Civil Service (MDG), The National University of Singapore, Scottish Police Authority, and National Trust for Scotland (Scottish Heritage).
She was part of the Coventry University team that won the £8 million pound UK Civil Service Future Leaders Programme contract in 2019 and the £500,000.00 UK Ministry of Justice Senior Leaders Programme Contract in June 2020, as well as various other contracts.
She developed, and designed the new organisational behaviour online course for the Coventry University online MBA program, designed & lead through the accreditation process the UNITE programme. She designed and implemented a new reward scheme for Standard Guardian Group of companies, which operates in 4 countries in Africa.
She also designed and developed 2 courses for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Senior Leadership Programme which was taken through approval here at Coventry University between the year 2019 and 2020.
Eno leads a social enterprise called SheCreatesAfrica whose sole aim is to uplift women within the African region out of poverty by enabling them build entrepreneurship skills, financial literacy skills and set up small scale businesses. We do this by bringing the world of theory and practice closer through education, training and public engagement, to create sustainable businesses and enable women gain visibility, partner with larger businesses and reach a wider audience and market. As at the end of 2019, over 87 new small scale businesses has been set up. SheCreatesAfrica is currently present in 8 countries in Africa - Nigeria, Ghana, the Gambia, Kenya, Zambia, Zimbabwe Senegal and Botswana.
She also advices for a number of charity organisations and the most notable amongst them is the Bill and Malinda Gates foundation in Africa, which oversees over 21 sub grantee charities working within the Sub Saharan African Region enabling the sub grantees to work collaboratively while building partnerships across West Africa.
Eno has extensive experience lecturing in Leadership & Management with specific interest in Diversity, Strategy, Risk & Decision Making, Gender and Women in public/private sector Leadership, Change Management, organisational behaviour and misbehaviour, Female Entrepreneurship, cultural competence, Reward and Performance Management, Leadership, International HRM and Culture.
She also sits on the board of 3 organisations.
Eno is an Editorial Board Member of Abasyn Journal of Social Sciences, The Internal Journal of Business and Management and the International Organisation for Scientific Research (Journal of Business and Management).
1. Maycock, E. & Salawudeen, I. (2014) An Examination of Employees Reward Preference: A Case Study of Premier Bank’s Reward Strategy. The International Journal of Business and Management. Vol 2 (11). Pp. 172-189.
2. Maycock, E. & Salawudeen, I. (2014) A Critical Examination of Premier Bank’s Reward Strategy and Its Impact on Employees Perception of Equity. The International Journal of Business and Management. Vol 2 (11). Pp. 80-93
3. Maycock, E. & Puplampu, B. (2014) A Critical Examination of Ethical Dilemmas Faced by Salespersons in Ghana due to the Implementation of Individual Performance. The International Journal of Business and Management. Vol 2 (12). Pp. 146-157.
4. Maycock, E. (2014) Performance Based Pay: A Study of 2 Nigerian Financial Institutions. The International Journal of Business and Management. Vol 2 (12). Pp. 78-88.
5. Maycock, E. & Amasi, O. (2015) Examining the Link between Psychological Contract Violation and Employee Commitment – A study of a Nigerian Mortgage Bank. Research Journal of Social Science and Management. Vol 4 (9). Pp 216 – 228.
6. Maycock, E. & Olaniyan, O. (2015) Examining the Perceived Effectiveness of E-Learning in BR Academy, UK. Research Journal of Social Science and Management. Vol 4 (9). Pp 229 – 237.
7. Maycock, E; Ikuomola and Johnson (2015) Managing Employee Reward: Implementing Competency Based Pay As An Alternative To Seniority Based Pay. International Journal of Advanced Research in Engineering and Management, page: 44-59.
8. Maycock, E, Allaputa, E., Chikafa, S., Geraghty, R. And Waripanye, G. (2015) PM to HRM – Rebranding or a New Label? IOSR Journal of Business and Management, page: 14-25.
9. Maycock, E & Clarke, L (2016) Re-evaluating the Relevance of Service Related Pay in a 21st Century Context. The International Journal of Business and Management. Vol 4, Issue 6. Pages 371-376.
10. Maycock, Auluck & Puplampu (2017) Unrealistic Goal Setting within the West African Financial Services Sector. The International Journal of Business and Management. Pp. 115 to 123.
11. Maycock, Enser, Mante & Mboge (2017) The Re-Introduction of PRP for Teachers in the UK between the Year 2014 and 2017: A Critical Literature Review. The International Journal of Business and Management. Vol 8 Issue 5; Pp 152 to 162.
12. Maycock, Enser, Mante, Mboge, Owusu, Oziegbe & Auluck (2017) CEO Pay – Is My Pay dependent on My Gender? The International Journal of Business and Management. Vol 8 Issue 5; Pp 233 to 245.
Area of Expertise:
RECENT CONFERENCE PAPERS
PHD Viva External Examiner role
2019 – Dr Shahina Nanjiani - A UAE perspective on Work-Life Balance: the case of Emirati working women, their coping strategies and desired initiatives
2018 - Dr Sunny Akpabot - Performance Measurements within SMEs in Northern Nigeria
2017 – Dr Solomon Gyang – The Implementation of International HRM Practices amongst MNCs in African
Leadership; Performance Management; Strategic Reward Management; Performance Pay, Ethics and Employee Well-being; International Human Resource Management Practices, Pay disparities amongst women in Leadership positions, Corporate prostitution, Female Wealth creation and Entrepreneurship, Ethic Minority Women, financial development and sustainability.
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person’s work contributes towards the following SDG(s):
Human Resource Management, Doctorate, University of Bedfordshire
28 Dec 2003 → 30 Nov 2007
Award Date: 19 Nov 2009
Human Resource Management, MSc, University of Bedfordshire
4 Oct 2000 → 31 Mar 2002
Award Date: 18 Mar 2002
Geography & Regional Planning, Degree, University of Calabar
10 Feb 1993 → 30 Nov 1997
Award Date: 24 Nov 1997
Board of Directors, SheCreatesAfrica
10 Feb 2018 → …
Director, Coventry Artspace
5 Sep 2017 → …
Board of Directors, Standard Guardian Group
30 Mar 2015 → …
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-review
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Maycock, Eno (Recipient), 13 Mar 2020
Prize: Prize (including medals and awards)
Maycock, Eno (Recipient), 29 Jul 2020
Prize: National/international honour