Research Output per year
I am a pragmatist-pacifist with real passion, interest and appreciation for acquiring, unpacking and imparting knowledge that makes or can make meaningful impact on beneficial learning, research, growth and development of institutions and people. I am always flexible, eager to learn, affable, result-oriented, a team player and detail-focused. My ability to diagnose, simplify, convey and find solutions to complex technical ideas and problems from interdisciplinary perspectives such as law, petroleum, environment, international relations, economics, management, planning, research and development is remarkable. My professional experience is over 12 years in consulting, advocacy, counselling, management and research. I have published widely in Ghanaian newspapers such as Ghanaian Times, the Enquirer, and Bilingual Free Press; online portals such as newsghana.com.gh, modernghana.com, and peacefmonline.com; as well as my personal blog, adamabukari.blogspot.com.
I successfully defended my Law PhD thesis on "Rule of Law and Justice in Petroleum Law in Sub-Saharan Africa: Critical analysis of socioeconomic rights and the World Bank New Africa Strategy" at Kingston University London. Hitherto, I obtained Master of Laws from Nottingham University UK.
Since July 2018, I have been working as a Research Fellow (EU PROTAX) at the Centre for Financial and Corporate Integrity (Faculty of Business and Law).
My research interest areas include:
- Rule of Law and Justice
- Tax law and tax crime (especially as it relates to other financial crimes such as money laundering and corruption)
- Petroleum law
- Human rights law
- Environmental law (especially relating to sustainability, sustainable development goals, climate change and trans-boundary pollution)
- Company law, compliance and contracting
- EU law and public procurement
- United Nations law
- Legal implications of operations of World Bank and other international development organisations
- Interrelationship between international law and municipal law
I will heartily welcome collaboration in any of the above fields or related areas concerning the interaction between law, business and development.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article