Projects per year
Dr Ahmed is a building services engineer with over 12 years professional and academic experience. Dr Ahmed holds a Bachelor’s degree in Building Science, a Master’s degree in Engineering Asset Management and a PhD in thermal modelling and simulation of low-energy ventilation systems. Dr Ahmed is currently the Course Director of MSc. Sustainable Building Performance and Design. He is also a principal investigator on a number of research projects including EU FP7 RESEEPEE, TSB Building Performance Evaluation and ERDF Knowledge Exchange Network projects.
Area of Expertise:
- Post-occupancy evaluation of buildings
- Climate responsive buildings design
- Building thermal modelling and simulation
- Building information Modelling
- Transient modelling and simulation of renewable energy systems
- Whole life cost Evaluation
- Energy policy and management
8 Sep 2010 → 30 Jul 2011
Award Date: 27 Sep 2011
Doctorate, University of Brighton
10 Sep 2005 → 29 Aug 2009
Award Date: 29 Aug 2009
MSc, Robert Gordon University
30 Sep 2002 → 12 Dec 2003
Award Date: 8 Dec 2003
Degree, Ahmadu Bello University
20 Sep 1993 → 30 Sep 1999
Award Date: 1 Aug 2001
- TH Building construction
- Building Information Modelling
- Low Carbon Retrofit
- Building Performance Evaluation
- Post Occupancy Evaluation
- Building Performance Modelling
- Renewable Energy Modelling
- TA Engineering (General). Civil engineering (General)
- Building Information Moodelling
- Building Integrated Renewable Energy Systems
- Built Environment Resilience
- 6 Similar Profiles
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
- 1 Finished
Integrated Performance Optimization of Higher Education Buildings Using Low-Energy Renovation Process and User EngagementAhmed, A., Mateo-Garcia, M., Arewa, A. & Caratella, K., 8 Mar 2021, In: Energies. 14, 5, 21 p., 1475.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile31 Downloads (Pure)
Ahmed, A. & Parn, E., 28 Apr 2020, In: International Journal of Building Pathology and Adaptation. 38, 3, p. 472-492 21 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile
Ikhide, M., Egaji, A. & Ahmed, A., 31 Aug 2019, Renewable Energy and Sustainable Buildings. Sayigh, A. (ed.). Switzerland: Springer, p. 567-577 11 p. (Innovative Renewable Energy ).
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Chapter › peer-review
Ahmed, A., 2019.
Research output: Contribution to conference › Abstract › peer-review
Ikhide, M., Ahmed, A. & Egaji, A., 2 Aug 2018, (Accepted/In press).
Research output: Contribution to conference › Paper › peer-review
PhD External Examination: A BEST PRACTICE FRAMEWORK FOR PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS (PPPS) IN ROAD PROJECTS: THE CASE OF GHANA
Abdullahi Ahmed (Examiner)11 Jun 2020